Customer Support Engineer
Reporting to: Customer Support Manager
Based in Lydbrook in the Forest of Dean, Chronos Technology Ltd is a leading international authority on resilient synchronisation and timing solutions, and industrial GNSS applications. We deliver equipment, installation, support, and consultancy services to critical national infrastructure including the telecoms, finance, energy, transport, and broadcast sectors. We now require an additional Customer Support Engineer to join the team.
You will provide technical assistance to customers, essential to maintaining the quality of customers’ networks and ensuring trouble free operation of the equipment and systems supported under customer contracts. The role covers a broad product base of servers,
telecommunications, and alarm monitoring.
A high level of technical competence and self-motivation is needed to meet the standards required. The role would suit someone early in their career path, such as a recent college/university graduate, or someone with more experience who is looking to diversify their skillset.
- Fielding and logging customer calls to the support desk, providing remote telephone diagnostics, assistance and advice on products and systems supported by Chronos
- Undertaking remote diagnostics on customer networks using remote access technologies
- Undertaking on-site work including fault finding, diagnostics, fault resolution and assistance to the customer. This may require working away from home and may involve overseas travel
- Inspecting, configuring, and testing of the products, systems, and software
- Undertaking new installations of products, systems, and software into customer networks
- Providing internal IT support and assistance on ad-hoc IT projects as and when required
Essential Skills & Experience:
You will need to live locally and should be strongly self-motivated, demonstrate initiative and be able to work unsupervised. You need to be flexible, and be willing and able to travel as required. You should also have an excellent telephone manner with a professional attitude. A good level of IT or Telecommunications knowledge is desired with the following skills and aptitudes:
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, SCP, SSH, VLANs, SNMP, VPNs, SMTP etc)
- Some knowledge of Linux, MySQL, or equivalent software
- An analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate graphs, statistics, and logs
- Full UK driving licence
- Must be able to achieve National Security Vetting Security Check status
We offer a competitive salary, group personal pension plan with life assurance cover, 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days service related), Company car (subject to successful completion of all training and acceptance by the insurance company), childcare voucher scheme and a free canteen. Hybrid working is a possibility.
Chronos Technology Ltd is an Employee Owned business which provides potential for a tax-free bonus scheme (subject to conditions).
Applications by CV to email@example.com (to include salary expectations) by Friday 2nd February 2024.