Chronos is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Chronos may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should periodically check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Depending on which website facilities you use, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, Company name and postal address
- Other information relevant to product group, customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Website usage information
Chronos will receive and store certain information whenever you interact with us. We collect this information from a number of sources:
- Our web server
- URLs passed to us when you enter our website
- Some information entered by you on forms on the website
- A selection of internet service providers
- A selection of search engine companies
- IP addresses
We collect web usage information during your visits to our site including information on the date, time, page viewed or searched for, publications ordered, guides printed, tools used, subscriptions and referrals made and other information relating to your browsing activity on our website. Where you are a registered user of our website and have logged in, we may collect web usage information to enable us to build a demographic profile. We may also use web usage information to create statistical data regarding the use of our website.
We collect web usage information to help us:
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs
- Inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Cookies are small files that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. A cookie often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies do not damage your computer. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You do not have to accept cookies. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser to either accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Switching off cookies will still allow you to view the majority of content on our site, although it may restrict your use of our interactive tools.
There are two types of cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time. We use persistent cookies to:
- Identify that a registered user has returned
- Collect information for use as described above.
Session-specific cookies are deleted when you leave the website. We use session-specific cookies to:
- Hold the information given while using an interactive tool on the website
- Hold your details when you are logged into the site
- Hold your search criteria while you are carrying out a search of the website
- Collect information for use as described above